Friday, December 21, 2007

Some Tokyo Pics for Dec 22

Ive been here for a few days, and have gotten my camera at Akihabara. I will go back to Aki, later to see if there are any anime stuff I want to finish getting , if I cant find it at Nakano Broadway.

I went to the Tsukiji Fish Market to try some sushi at one of the "stalls". There was a busy looking restaurant that I tried.. Suffice it to say, probably the best sushi Ive ever had, and this wasnt probably the best place there. I had different sorts of Toro, High, Med, Seared, Albacore, as well as the standby yellowtail, yellowtail belly, salmon, and Whale. Yeah I had some Whale sashimi. Was quite good. Almost like eating pepperoni but not as greasy or processed. It was sliced thin and quite chewy..

I went to Ginza next. Its sort of like Rodeo Drive, Fifth ave crossed with Times Square. But with wider street, and more densely packed buildings.

Some pics for your enjoyment.. Going to Nakano Broadway later today.. See if I can meet up with David Alexander.. His hotel isnt far from mine....




New Nissan Skyline at the Nissan Ginza Showroom. More attractive in real life than pictures. The rear seats are useless, except for a baby or a Dog. Rear visability not the best. But not much could keep up with this car. Its quite large. Definately not practical for city driving. I cant see how anyone could deal with Tokyo Streets and traffic with this beast... I think they need to make one in orange ;) A convertible would look great with this car..Remove the rear seats, and make it part of the trunk....

Ginza.. probably the most expensive street in the world...



Whale Sashimi


A selection of sushi for a customer..Awesome looking Toro...



Sushi Counter at Tsukiji


Tsukiji "Outer" Market

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Tsukiji... sweet! Bet that was a fun experience. I hope to make it back there before they try to relocate the fish market.

Looks like you're having fun!