Osaka aquarium is by the sea port, with a large Ferris Wheel next to it. Its about 500 ft tall. Theres a large tourist trap shopping center attached between the Wheel and Aquarium..
Osaka aquarium. A little pricey but worth it. The Whale Shark is cool. A little smaller than I expected. It wasnt fully grown. Full specimens grow to about 40 feet. This one was a little over 20. Some great other sharks and mantas here. Nice selection of Jelly Fish too. Penguins were being shown at the entrance of the aquarium..
Osaka at nite. I ate at the Izakaya and had a taste of blowfish sashimi at Zuboraya. One of these places got me sick. I think the Izakaya with the fried food did me. Apparently blowfish poisoning involves paralyizing of the body.. I just had run of the mill nausea that nite. But I felt like crap the next day. I still managed to go to Himeji Castle.. I wish the Japanese guide books had a sentence in phoenetic of " I have food poisoning, I need some medicine". My poor command of japanese and my body gesturing can only take me so far..
Inside one page of blowish menu
Menu cover of Blowfish centric restaurant
No comments:
Post a Comment