Himeji Castle is about a little more than a half a mile from the train station. Its a bit of a walk from the Himeji property to the castle itself. This castle is one of the few remaining castles made of wood surviving in Japan. This castle is stll original from the time it was built, not a modern re-creation from after the war. This is also one of the larger castles in Japan. This is a highly recommended day trip from Kyoto or Osaka. It takes a little less than an hour by Shinkansen (bullet train). BTW it only takes 10 minutes to get to Osaka from Kyoto by Shinkansen. The Shinkansens rock! For 270 dollars to get the Japan Railways pass, is totally worth it. Ive gotten more than its worth already. I expect to go to Nagano area with it before it expires. I went to Himeji Castle even though I felt less than 100 percent(like 20) Because it was going to be the last day of sun before the rain this weekend in Kyoto area.I pretty much took a rest when I got back to my hotel in Kyoto..
Today of course rained, and I explore Kyoto for a bit and checked out the Sanjusangen-do temple(Must see if in Kyoto, but no pictures allowed there). Felt closer to fine today..
Inside of Himeji Castle. Its a chore to climb up here, especially if your not 100 percent. Step steps that are 6 floors to the top. The steps are small, and its easy to hit your head while climbing. Note when coming inside, you have to take your shoes off, and wear slippers. Its a bit hard to main balance on the slippery slippers. Walk slowly up the stairs..
No comments:
Post a Comment